Attendees: Thomas Vaughan, Bruce Kelley, Burley Packwood, Chris Karcher, Scott Cameron, Greg Scheiderer
1. February board meeting minutes approved
2. Astronomy Day
- UW Astronomy day is on 4/29. SAS will set up in Red Square.
- SAS will advertise this event on front page of newsletter.
- Burley Packwood volunteered to take photos of the event.
3. Trail Fest at Rattlesnake lake – 7/22
- Motion approved to fund $100.00 registration.
- Thomas volunteered to man SAS table.
- Request for volunteers will be made at general meetings
4. Treasurer’s report
- SAS checking account moved from personal to business account.
- Move dark sky funds to ~2.5% interest bearing account
- Thomas will investigate use of PayPal for new member registration, renewals, dark sky site, banquet. Likely will not add surcharge for use of this payment method.
- Investigate possibility of adapting SAS web site to include mechanism for payment.
6. SAS Picnic
- Schedule a picnic / telescope maintenance / star party for 6/3. Location to be determined after various locations are checked out for presence of shelters etc.
7. Comparison of SAS with Tucson club
- Burley handed out a sample of their tri-fold. Tucson features generally similar to ours. They charge additional fees for new member packet and Astronomical League.
8. Membership survey
- The possibility of a membership survey was raised by Burley Packwood. Issues involving a survey were discussed along with the type of information that could be obtained. Burley will work up an initial list of questions that might be asked.
9. Special Interest Groups
- Need to be updated on the website - some are no longer meeting.
- Vive la Lune and astro-software SIGs are dead. Sidewalk Astronomers and Dark Sky Observers are inactive.
- Past participants and coordinators would be contacted to see if there is interest in maintaining these currently inactive SIGs.
10. Table Mountain
- SAS presence shall be a table with club info, coffee and donuts for SAS members.
- Bruce will contact TMSP to find out if there are any issues or restrictions.
11. Youth Group
- Need update on status from Karl
12. Dark Sky Site
- Now have 24 members
- Progress “thermometer” should be placed in newsletter
13. SAS logo hats, shirts
- Possibility of using someone like CafePress.com to provide individual orders.
Meeting adjourned around 8:45PM