Seattle Astronomical Society - Board Meeting 24 March 2003


Contents

    Action Items
    Minutes
        Approval of Minutes
        Club Logo and Business Cards
        Meade Eyepiece
        Domain Name
        Boeing Grant Update
        Newsletter Editor
        Membership
        Science Fiction Convention
        Treasurer's Report
        Facilities

 

Action Items

     Owner Item
Paul Rodman Post board minutes on website.
Brian Allen Compose design for logo.
Brian Allen Will contact Woody regarding Boeing grant and UW Undergraduate Radio Telescope.
Steve Van Rompaey Will investigate possibility of local facilities for the club. Will gather talking points and opinions from previous boards. Will post for review.

 

Minutes

The meeting started at 7:00 pm.

 

Approval of Minutes

The January and February board minutes were approved. It was decided that the board minutes should be posted on the club website.

 

Club Logo and Business Cards

There was some discussion as to what a new logo should look like. A few years ago, sweatshirts were printed with a distinctive logo. Steven brought up the point that the logo could be more distinctive of Seattle. Brian will follow up with designs.

 

Meade Eyepiece

A very nice eyepiece from Meade arrived, as a donation for the club. It was decided that the eyepiece should be given away at next year's Banquet.

 

Domain Name

After we took our complaint to InterNIC, NameSecure suddenly found our extra payment and has renewed our domain name through April of 2007.

 

Boeing Grant Update

There has been no word from the UW Undergraduate Radio Telescope project after our offer of our Boeing grant. Brian will follow up with Woody.

 

Newsletter Editor

A new member, Pam Stucky, has volunteered to be the club Newsletter Editor. A combined April/May newsletter should give her time to come up to speed.

 

Membership

Should we allow renewals for more than one year at a time? This might complicate the magazine renewals, however. This was tabled and will be considered as part of the general membership discussion that Steven Van Rompaey is overseeing.

 

Science Fiction Convention

Our club might have an opportunity to present at a local Science Fiction convention.

 

Treasurer's Report

 

Facilities

There was some discussion as to local facilities for the club. A candidate site was considered, and it looks to be the best option. Steven Van Rompaey will follow up with the next steps for contact.

 

8:20 - Meeting Ends